- 2 Poblano peppers
- 2 small sweet peppers
- 2 Portobello caps, sliced & grilled
- 6 small soft flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- pinch of ground cumin
- pinch of oregano
- salt & pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese mix
- Lime wedges, cilantro & sour cream for garnish
- Roast peppers & mushrooms on the grill till brown & tender, do not char.
- Grill tortillas till a little charred, but still pliable. Remove and keep warm wrapped in foil.
- On med, heat oil in skillet, add garlic, scallions & herbs. Cook a couple min.
- Slice up peppers and mushrooms, add to skillet to heat.
- Remove tortillas from foil and fill with a little of pepper/mushroom mix and cheese.
- Squeeze a lime wedge onto filling in each taco along with some sour cream & chopped cilantro.
Credit: Camille Van Sant