- 1 cup dry white and red beans
- 1 tbsp. oil
- ½ diced large onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ cups veggie broth
- 1¼ cups stewed tomatoes
- 1 pickled pepper with 1 tbsp. vinegar from jar 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. fresh tarragon
- ground pepper to taste
- Soak beans in ample water in bowl overnight.
- Next day, heat oil on med high in med size pot and saute onions and garlic til translucent.
- Deglaze pan with wine, then add rest of ingredients.
- Drain beans and add them to the pot.
- Simmer til beans are tender, a couple of hours depending on what beans you used.
- Serve over cooked rice and top with grated cheddar cheese and sour cream.
- You may also season and brown ground beef and add over rice before the beans and cheese.
Credit: Camille Van Sant