- 2 roasted Poblano peppers, chopped
- 1/2 stick of butter
- ½ box penne pasta, about 8 oz.
- 2 cans (12oz.) evaporated milk
- 6 oz smoked Gouda cheese, grated
- 6 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 pieces well-cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup corn flakes, crushed (in zip bag with rolling pin)
- Roast peppers on indirect heat on the grill or under the broiler on middle rack. Roast till brown & tender, cool, remove tops and seeds & chop.
- In large pot, cook pasta till al dente and drain. Place back in pot.
- Add butter cut into a few pieces to melt. Stir.
- Add rest of ingredients to pasta except corn flakes. Mix well.
- Pour pasta into large buttered casserole dish.
- Sprinkle crushed corn flakes on top.
- Bake 350° oven for 30 min till bubbling.
- Cool 15 min.
Credit: Camille Van Sant