- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3 cup Marsala wine
- 2 cups stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked, spiced black beans
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. chili powder.
- Sauté garlic, onion, mushrooms in oil till mushrooms brown on med hi heat.
- Deglaze pan with wine.
- Add rest of ingredients; simmer on low for 1-2 hours.
- Add hot sauce if you like it hot.
To make spiced black beans
- Soak dry beans overnight in water.
- Drain beans.
- Simmer in small stockpot with veggie broth, salt and red pepper and garam masala spice mix till beans semi soft.
Notes: Great meal for vegetarians, good protein in the mushrooms and beans.
Credit: Camille Van Sant