- 1 tsp. oil
- ¼ cup green onion, sliced
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1/3 cup mushrooms, chopped fine
- 2 fresh leaves of sage, sliced or 1 tsp. dried sage
- ½ cup cooked couscous
- 2 tbsp. oats
- 1 grated apple
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in skillet on med heat, add green onion, red pepper, mushrooms & sage. 1. Mix & sauté till dry.
- Remove from heat and transfer mixture to a small bowl, save skillet to sauté burgers.
- Add rest of ingredients to bowl and mix well.
- Heat up skillet again on med heat.
- Add a little more oil to skillet.
- Gently shape mixture into burgers & place into skillet.
- Sauté the burgers for about 15 min., only flipping once.
- Serve alone or on a bun with sour cream as a condiment.
Serves: 3 burgers
Credit: Camille Van Sant