- 4 cups meaty tomatoes, quartered and seeded
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced or roasted
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 carrot, grated
- 3 green onions, roasted or grilled
- 1 small sweet pepper, roasted or grilled
- 1 cup veggie broth
- pepper sauce to taste
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1-2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup half n half
- grated Parmesan cheese
- seasoned toasted croutons
- basil leaves, rolled and sliced for garnish
- Heat oil in large saucepan and saute garlic.
- Add rest of ingredients up to half n half but do not include it.
- Simmer until tomatoes are mush, about 20 minutes.
- Puree with immersion blender or blender. Thin with water.
- Remove from heat, add half and half.
- Serve with garnish of cheese, sliced basil and croutons.
Credit: Camille Van Sant