Although this would make a great dessert, the tartness in the sour cream makes it a great substitute for a salad at the beginning of the meal.
- 1 envelope gelatin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup ripe strawberries, sliced, frozen & then thawed
- 2 bananas
- ¾ cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- Add gelatin to sugar.
- Boil water and sprinkle gelatin mix over it, stirring in till dissolved.
- Mash strawberries a little & add to gelatin mix.
- Add pineapple & bananas, pour ½ of mixture into 8×8 inch glass baking pan.
- Put in frig to set leaving rest on counter.
- When set, spread sour cream on top of set gelatin.
- Then, pour rest gelatin mix over the sour cream, making three layers.
- Cover & put in frig till set.
- Cut up into squares and serve as molded salad.
Credit: Mom Helen Keller