- Refreshing salad with basil-chive vinaigrette
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and sliced
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted
- ½ cup Gorgonzola cheese
- 6 cups baby lettuce or greens
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 6 tbsp veggie oil
- Mix up vinaigrette ingredients in a jar or bottle and shake well. Set Aside.
- Layer salad ingredients on plates in this order: greens, pears, cheese and nuts.
- Drizzle on dressing over salad and serve.
Credit: Modified from recipe from Sencha Restaurant in Colorado Springs