I grew up on this salad. Mom served it when the New York tomatoes were ripe. So simple & so good with fresh ingredients.
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- milk to thin out
- Wash and core lettuce. Cut into 6-8 wedges.
- Wash & slice tomatoes, thick.
- Mix dressing ingredients in bowl or jar. Use milk to thin to a pour-able consistency.
- Place 1 wedge on each plate, then top with a slice of tomato.
- Pour dressing over tomato & lettuce. Add fresh ground pepper & salt & serve.
Credit: Mom Helen Keller