What a simple combination that is just so special. A great change from the usual salad.
- 1 head of butter type lettuce
- 1 apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Vinaigrette: 2 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 thinly sliced green onion
- ½ tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup veggie oil
- salt & pepper
- Glazed Walnuts: 1/3 cup nuts
- 1/2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Rinse, shake and chop lettuce. Wrap in towel & put in frig
- Mix all ingredients for vinaigrette in jar and shake well or place in blender, drizzling oil in slowly well running. (top on with center removed!)
- Mix ingredients for glazed walnuts in a bowl. Layer on foil lined cookie sheet in single layer.
- Bake until brown, about 10-15 minutes. Remove & cool.
- Mix lettuce, apple & cheese in salad bowl. Plate up on salad plates.
- Sprinkle on nuts. Drizzle on vinaigrette & serve.
Credit: Camille Van Sant