- 1 large onion,chopped
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/4 cu. chopped mushrooms
- 1 tomato, chopped (for a darker broth)
- 1/2 gal. cold water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 sachet d’epices(3 parsley stems, 1 bay leaf, 1 sprig thyme,1/2 tsp. cracked pepper)
- Place all ingredients except sachet d’epices in a large stockpot.
- Simmer on med. high heat for one hour.
- Add sachet d’ epices and simmer 30 min. Skim foam as necessary.
- Remove from heat, strain thru sieve or colander lined with coffee filter for clear broth.
- Serve with garnish of veggies or pasta. May put in the frig for later use to cook rice or other dishes.
Credit: Camille Van Sant