- ½ head cabbage
- 1 small red onion
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil or other oil
- 1 large sweet apple
- Slice cabbage very thin and place in large bowl.
- In small bowl, mix mustard, celery seed, lemon juice, sugar & salt and pepper.
- Whisk in oil slowly to incorporate.
- Mix dressing into slaw and chill till just before serving.
- Just before serving, peel apple and grate into bowl of slaw.
- Toss and serve.
Grate onion and add to bowl with minced garlic.
**Tip – Serve with brats or your favorite sausages, Reuben’s or tuna melt sandwiches!
**Lo Carb – Substitute Stevia or Splenda for sugar= 7 gms. Carb per ¾ cup serving.
Credit: Camille Van Sant