- 1 acorn, buttercup, sweet dumpling squash
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ cups apple cider
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- Bring cider to a boil in small skillet. Cook 15 min. till syrupy and reduced to ¼-1/2 cup. Careful not to scorch toward the end. Remove from heat & stir in Butter & spices.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 deg.
- Microwave squash for 5 min. to soften. Or 20 min in oven.
- Let cool enough to handle. Cut squash into 4- 6 equally sized wedges.
- Scoop out seeds & fibrous pulp.
- Cut crisscross pattern ½ inch deep into the flesh.
- Place wedges skin side down in 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Bake for 20 min., remove from oven. Blot water accumulated.
- Brush or spoon reduced cider over flesh and bake 5-10 min. more.
- Slice each wedge into 2 pieces if desired & serve.
Credit: Camille Van Sant