- ½ large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. each of butter & oil
- ¾ cup uncooked rice
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 1 med tomato, peeled, seeded & chopped
- 1 cooked ear of corn, kernels off
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp pesto or basil
- In skillet, sauté onion & garlic in butter & oil til tender
- Add rice & brown slightly.
- Stir in broth & tomatoes with juice.
- Cover & simmer on low 20-25 min.
- Stir in corn, cheese & pesto or basil. Heat 5 more min.
- Serve with chicken or seafood, nice & lite.
Credit: Cam Van Sant