- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- pancake mix
- milk or cream
- peanut or veggie oil to fry
- honey to drizzle
- applesauce and sour cream to dip
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into ¼ inch slices. Sprinkle on cinnamon to coat.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Heat 1 inch oil in fry pan for moderate sizzle when tested.
- In large bowl, make 2 cups pancake mix as per box directions using milk.
- Add more milk or cream to make a thinner batter.
- Dip slices of potato in batter with fork and coat.
- Fry in oil till brown and then flip and do other side till brown.
- Remove from heat and drain
- Put in a single layer on cookie sheet and bake for about 10 min more till tender.
- Plate up, drizzle with honey and serve with applesauce and sour cream as dips.
Credit: Camille Van Sant