- 2 med sweetpotatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- ½ apple, peeled & cored, sliced thin
- 1/2 stick butter (1/2 cup), softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup grated cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°. Grease shallow large baking dish with ½ of the butter.
- Layer sliced potato on baking dish only slightly overlapping in one layer.
- Layer apples and brown sugar on top of potatoes evenly spread.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Layer on grated cheese evenly.
- Dollop remaining butter in small pieces over the top evenly.
- Bake in oven for 30 min. till top is brown and bubbly.
Credit: Camille Van Sant