- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 onion, diced small
- 5-6 chopped mushrooms
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 Macintosh apple, peeled & chopped small
- 2 tbsp, fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp. fresh minced sage
- 1 tbsp. fresh minced thyme
- 1 tbsp. fresh chopped rosemary
- salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 cup veggie broth or broth from boiling giblets
- 8 cups cubed bread, mix of white and wheat left out overnight to dry out
- 2 beaten eggs
- Melt butter in large skillet on med hi heat.
- Sauté onion, mushrooms, celery, and apple till translucent & brown.
- Remove from heat; mix in herbs, S & P, pecans and veggie broth.
- Add bread cubes and egg. Mix well.
- Stuff as much as will fill loosely in cavity & neck of turkey.
- The rest of stuffing can be mixed with ½ cup melted butter and slightly packed into an ovenproof buttered casserole dish.
- Cover with foil and bake 35- 40 min. 325 deg.
Credit: Camille Van Sant