- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ¾ cup veggie broth
- 2 yellow summer squash, quartered and sliced
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tsp. fresh chopped chives
- In large skillet, heat oil on med heat.
- Add mushrooms and garlic, sauté till browned, keep covered to maintain juices.
- Add ½ of the veggie broth to deglaze pan.
- Add squash, vinegar, remainder of the broth, and salt & pepper.
- Sauté till squash is al dente’.
- Add parsley and chives and serve.
Notes: This is a good lo fat and lo carb side dish. For a richer version of this recipe, add 1 tbsp. butter with the oil at the beginning.
Credit: Camille Van Sant