- 1 cup mixture of white, brown, wild, red rice.
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Pinch of salt and ¼ tsp cracked pepper
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 8oz. sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. chopped onion
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup toasted chopped pecans
- Rinse the rice. Add the rice with the broth and butter and S & P in a med saucepan. 2. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter and brown mushrooms and onions in skillet, about 5min. on med heat.
- Stir mushrooms, onions, parsley and pecans into the rice.
- Serve immediately.
Credit: Camille Van Sant