- 12 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/4 c. peas ( fresh or frozen)
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 c. veggie broth
- salt & pepper
- 2 c. leftover cooked angel hair pasta
- 6 slices of Swiss cheese
- In a large skillet, melt half of the butter. Sauté the mushrooms about 5 minutes on med high heat.
- Lower heat to med, add peas, broth, and salt and pepper. Stir and cook 5 min.
- Spread the mixture out to the outer edges of the pan. Raise heat up to med high, melt remaining butter in the center of pan.
- Spread out cooked pasta and cook till browned, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven on broil.
- Plate up pasta topped with mushrooms and peas. Layer cheese over the veggies. (On oven safe plate).
- Place plate under broiler, not on top rack.
- Broil 3-5 minutes (watch it) to melt cheese till just starting to brown.
Serves: 2-3 as main entrée, 6-8 as side dish
Credit: Camille Van Sant