- 8 oz. Shitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. veggie oil
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Wipe mushroom caps.
- Combine rest of ingredients except sesame seeds in medium sized bowl.
- Add mushrooms to bowl and fold to coat. Marinate 15-20 minutes.
- Heat up grill to med.
- Remove mushrooms from marinade and grill a couple minutes each side. (Use veggie basket if mushroom caps small.)
- Remove from grill and sprinkle sesame seed over mushrooms before serving.
Credit: Camille Van Sant