An unusual combo but a delicious savory side dish!
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 apples cored
- 4 slices whole onion
- 1 fennel bulb, quartered
- Place butter, sugar, salt & pepper in small bowl and microwave 20 sec.
- Drizzle some butter on bottom of baking pan.
- Place onions slices on bottom of pan, then apples on top of them.
- Lay in fennel pieces around apples.
- Drizzle rest of melted butter inside apple centers and on outside of apples.
- Bake in oven at 400 deg. for 30-40 min till apples are soft but not yet mushy.
**Tip: Makes an excellent side with pork chops!
Credit: Camille Van Sant