- 1-2 hot peppers, seeded & minced
- 2 small sweet peppers
- 2 shallots, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp peanut or coconut oil
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lb. shrimp, de-veined & peeled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup Jack cheese, grated
- handful of cilantro
- 8 small flour tortillas
- couple spoonfuls of sour cream
- Heat oil in skillet to med high.
- Saute peppers & shallots till tender.
- Chop shrimp into rough pieces & toss in a bowl with sugar, salt & lime juice.
- Add shrimp to the skillet & cook 2-3 minutes till pink.
- Assemble quesadillas by layering one tortilla, then shrimp mix, then cheese, then another tortilla. Press down to help stick.
- Either over the grill or in a dry skillet, med heat brown tortilla till crispy, flip with large spatula, & brown other side.
- Remove from heat to cutting board.
- Cut into 6 wedges using a pizza cutter or by rocking a chef’s knife across it.
- Serve with cilantro & sour cream.
Credit: Camille Van Sant