- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- ½ tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. beef broth
- 1 lb. ground sirloin
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 egg
- ½ cu. bread crumbs
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. minced onion
- 1 tsp. Gravy Master
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tbsp. flour
- Melt butter in skillet and brown mushrooms on med hi heat.
- Add 1 tbsp. broth as mushrooms sauté. Remove from skillet.
- Meanwhile, mix in large bowl the sirloin, garlic salt, pepper, egg, bread crumbs, Worcestershire and onion.
- Shape into burgers about 4-5 in. in diameter.
- Brown burgers in same skillet on med hi heat.
- Drizzle Gravy master on burgers while browning.
- Add beef broth, cover and simmer on lo heat for 20 min.
- Make a slurry of the flour and a little water and pour and stir into skillet to make gravy.
- Add the mushrooms back to the skillet.
- Simmer 3 minutes more. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Notes: Add some grated cheddar cheese for an even more scrumptious treat.
Credit: Camille Van Sant