- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 med. onions, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 apple, sliced thin
- 4 large bread slices
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3-4 oz. Brie cheese, sliced thin
- In large skillet, sauté onions in olive oil on med. heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 min.
- Add brown sugar and vinegar. Cook till onions turn brown, stirring often.
- Spread onions on 2 bread slices.
- Place a single layer of apples on top of onions.
- Layer on brie slices on apples.
- Top each with another slice of bread.
- Melt butter in skillet on med. heat.
- Place sandwiches in skillet. Squish down with spatula and try to flatten a bit. Cook on both sides about 3 min. each side till golden brown and cheese melted.
- Serve warm.
Credit: Camille Van Sant