- 6 links Brats sausage each cut in 3 pieces
- ½ cup veggie broth
- 2 apple, peeled & sliced
- 1 onion, quartered &sliced rather wide
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- ¼ cayenne pepper, minced or pinch of dried red pepper
- In large skillet, brown sausage pieces on med heat, add a little veggie broth if it gets too dry.
- Add rest of ingredients and simmer covered for about 10 min.
- Remove cover and continue to cook till liquid reduces to a thick sauce, stirring occasionally.
- Plate up.
*Tip* If making for a crowd, multiply the recipe for number of people, place in large roasting pan and bake 350 deg. for 45 min., then add rest of ingredients and bake 2-30 minutes longer.
Credit: Camille Van Sant