- 24 oz. fresh blackberries, washed
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 bottle Brandy (about 750 ml.)
- 1 cup water
- In large glass or non-reactive bowl, mix berries & sugar & crush with potato masher.
- Add Brandy & water. Mix well.
- Cover & stand in a cool, dark place for 3 days, swirling around once a day.
- Strain thru a fine mesh sieve to remove the solids.
- Place in a clean container or bottle and let stand.
- Filter again thru coffee filter or cheesecloth into final container.
- Seal and age at least 1 month before serving.
Serves: About 1 1/2 quarts
Credit: Cam Van Sant