- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 ½ lbs. ripe apples washed & stems removed
- 1 fifth of brandy
- Mix sugar & water in small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over med high heat, stirring constantly till sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat & cool while prepping apples.
- Core, quarter & thinly slice apples.
- Combine apples, sugar syrup & brandy in large glass bowl or container. Make sure fruit is covered by liquid.
- Cover & let stand in a cool, dark place for 1 month. Stir occasionally.
- Strain using a fine mesh strainer. Discard fruit or use in other recipes. Filter liqueur into clean container.
- Let settle 1 day & then filter again using cheesecloth or coffee filter into final containers.
- Age for 1-3 months before serving.
Serves: 1 quart
Credit: “Cordials from Your Kitchen” by Pattie Vargas & Rich Gulling