- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp. roasted garlic or 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 56 oz. of fresh tomatoes, seeded & drained or 2 large cans of crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/3 cup veggie broth or water
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. dried marjoram, 2 tsp. dried basil, 2 tbsp. fresh parsley
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 1/2 ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp ground red or black pepper
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp tomato paste or sauce
- 2 tsp. worchestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp honey
- In a large Dutch oven; sauté onions until onions are translucent.
- Add in garlic, stir & cook a couple min. more.
- Pour in the wine & cook off the alcohol.
- Add rest of ingredients except herbs.
- Also, mix all meatball ingredients in bowl and roll out into tight 1-2 inch balls, add to the sauce.
- Simmer for 1-2 hours on low heat, gently stirring occasionally. ( Let meatballs cook awhile so they will hold together while stirring.
- Add the herbs for the last 15-30 min of cooking.
- Serve over pasta of your choice.
Credit: Cam Van Sant