- 1 chicken, cut into pieces
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ carrot chopped
- 2 cups diced and drained tomatoes
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ cup white wine
- Dredge chicken in flour, sprinkle with salt
- Heat oil in skillet & brown chicken until golden.
- Remove from heat & place chicken in covered dish.
- Brown onion, garlic, carrot, in drippings in skillet.
- Add tomatoes to browned veggies in skillet.
- Add 1 tsp salt & pepper and bring to a boil.
- Add herbs, chicken & wine; cover & simmer until tender, about 30 min.
Credit: ‘The Talisman Cookbook’