- Preheat oven to 350°. Rub oil and blackening seasoning all over tenderloin with your hands.
- Brown on all sides in a hot oven-proof skillet or on the grill.
- Add rest of ingredients except flour and water to beef in oven-proof pan.
- Bake in oven for 35-50 min. depending on how well done you prefer. Add water if necessary so pan is not dry.
- Remove tenderloin to cutting board and cover with foil to rest.
- Meanwhile, place skillet on stovetop on med heat. Add water to flour slowly and stir with a fork to make a slurry.
- Add slurry slowly to broth in pan and stir constantly making gravy.
- Slice up beef, plate up and pour gravy on top.
Credit: Camille VanSant