- 3 tbsp. peanut or veggie oil
- 1 hot peppers, seeded & minced
- 2 sweet peppers, chopped
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. ginger root, grated
- 1 tsp soy sauce 1 tbsp. corn starch
- 1 lb. sirloin, cut into thin strips
- ½ cup apple juice
- handful of chopped chives
- Heat 2 tbsp. of oil in skillet to med high.
- Fry peppers, onions, garlic & ginger till tender.
- Meanwhile, coat beef with salt & cornstarch.
- Remove veggies from skillet to plate, keep warm.
- Add rest of oil to skillet.
- In small batches, fry the beef in skillet till brown. Remove to plate with veggies.
- Add back contents of plate to skillet
- Add apple juice & soy sauce to skillet. Stir well.
- Heat till bubbling, stirring constantly. Thin with water if necessary.
- Serve over hot rice.
Credit: Camille Van Sant