- ½ lb. ground pork
- ½ lb. ground beef
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 ½ tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. prepared mustard
- ½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- Veggie oil to fry
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup Riesling wine
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- In large bowl, mix pork, beef, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt, mustard, Worcestershire and egg till well combined.
- Heat enough oil to coat the bottom of a large skillet.
- Shape meat mix into 1 ½ inch balls.
- Fry in oil in 2 batches and turn till brown.
- Remove meatballs to plate covered in paper towels and keep warm.
- Add garlic to pan and sauté 1 min.
- Add wine and boil 1 min.
- Return meatballs to pan, mix with contents and cook 5 more minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in sour cream and pepper.
- Serve hot.
Tip: Also tastes great served over cooked egg noodles.
Credit: Camille Van Sant