- 4 chicken breasts
- Flour to coat
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 c. dry vermouth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1/2 c. orange juice
- 2 tbsp chopped capers
- 2 tbsp butter
- Fresh orange zest
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Fillet each breast in half, salt and pepper both sides and dust with flour
- Heat olive oil in sauté pan on med heat, sauté fillets in oil till brown on both sides. Only put 4 pieces in pan at one time.
- Transfer fillets to warm plate.
- Deglaze pan with vermouth.
- Add minced garlic and cook till slightly brown.
- Add broth, orange juice & capers. Return chicken to pan and heat through.
- Add cold butter and orange zest. When butter melted, remove from heat.
- Plate up and sprinkle parsley on top.
**Tip – For lite version, sauté with cooking oil spray and thicken with cornstarch slurry instead of butter.
Credit: Camille Van Sant