- 1 lb. fresh mushrooms
- ¼ lb. cold butter
- 2 lb. boneless chicken breasts
- 1 c. flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 c. Marsala sherry
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 c. chicken broth
- Clean mushrooms and slice and sauté in skillet with 2 tbsp. of the butter on med high heat in a large skillet. Remove from skillet.
- Wash, dry and cut chicken breasts into thin fillets, then pound with a meat tenderizer till thin cutlets.
- Season fillets with salt and pepper, dredge in flour.
- Heat oil and 2 more tbsp. of the butter in skillet and fry cutlets in small batches till golden, adding more oil if necessary.
- Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- Deglaze the skillet with Marsala and simmer 2-3 min.
- Add chicken, mushrooms, and broth. Simmer 30 minutes, covered.
- Add parsley and remaining cold butter just to melt and thicken the sauce.
** Tip If sauce is too thin, simmer uncovered a few minutes to reduce.
Credit: Camille Van Sant