- ½ green pepper
- 1 med. onion
- 7 whole mushrooms
- 2 large garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- 5 basil leaves, shredded
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 stick butter
- ½ lb. large scallops
- Blackening seasoning
- Chop onion and pepper into 1 ½ inch chunks & slice garlic.
- Sauté this mix with a little basil & olive oil in skillet till partially softened.
- Remove veggies, to be cooled, leaving garlic behind in the skillet.
- Add butter & a little olive oil to the pan, scraping the bottom to remove any bits.
- Remove from heat & add basil. Puree if you like for smooth basil flavor.
- Heat grill to med hot.
- Rinse scallops & give a splash of lemon juice.
- Sprinkle on blackening seasoning & salt & pepper.
- Skewer kabobs, alternating scallops and veggies.
- Spray or drizzle kabobs with olive oil.
- Grill about 7 min- turning frequently.
- Drizzle kabobs with basil butter.
Credit: Cam Van Sant