- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 pork chops
- salt & pepper
- 1 apple, peeled & sliced
- 1 med. onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp. Brandy
- 2 tsp gravy master
- ½ tsp. celery seed
- 1 tsp. sage
- 2 cup beef or chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. f. flour ( for Lo Carb use cornstarch)
- Heat oil in large skillet on med high heat. Salt & pepper the pork chops.
- Brown pork chops, apples and onions. Turn chops only once for nice color.
- Deglaze with Brandy. Add gravy master. Stir.
- Add herbs & broth.
- Lower heat to simmer & cover & cook 1- 1 ½ hours till fork tender.
- Add water if necessary to keep chops covered. Check occasionally.
- When chops are done, make a slurry of flour with water added a little at a time to keep from lumping.
- Add slurry slowly to skillet while stirring till gravy thickens. Add more salt to taste.
- Simmer a few minutes more.
- Plate up and cover with chunky gravy or strain gravy for smooth gravy.y
* 7 gm. Carb per serving (1 chop)
Credit: Camille Keller