- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- dash salt
- ½ cup toasted grated coconut
- ½ cup crushed corn flakes
- 1/3 cup orange or tangerine marmalade
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a mixer, beat butter and sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla, beat till smooth.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to contents in mixer and blend.
- Add toasted coconut, crushed corn flakes and marmalade.
- Mix well and grease 2 cookie sheets.
- Drop dough by small spoonfuls onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7-8 min until they just begin to turn brown. DO NOT OVERCOOK!
- Remove from oven and let set a couple of min.
- Meanwhile, spoon dough on other sheet and put in oven.
- Using the back of metal spatula, scrap cookies from the sheet, they will be a little sticky.
- Place on cutting board or rack until totally cool.
Serves: 2 dozen cookies
Credit: Camille Van sant