- 4 ripe but not soft pears
- 1½ cup water
- 2 tbsp. Amaretto
- splash of lemon juice
- 2/3 cup honey
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 tsp honey
- ½ tsp. of vanilla
- Optional: Chocolate syrup to drizzle.
- Peel, core and halve pears.
- In large saucepan, combine water, Amaretto, lemon juice and 2/3 cup honey.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Add pears, reduce heat and simmer for 4-6 min. till pears tender but still have shape.
- Remove pears to bowl with slotted spoon. Boil liquid till reduced and thickened, about 20 min more.
- Pour syrup over pears in bowl and chill till ready.
- Combine sour cream, 4 tsp. honey and vanilla.
- Plate up pears and pour syrup over them. Drizzle with chocolate syrup if you like.
Credit: Camille Van Sant