- 3 Bosc pears (or other cooking pear)
- 1 stick salted butter
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon & ½ tsp grated nutmeg
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 handful nuts, chopped
- whipped cream for topping
- Preheat oven to 325°. Using 1 tbsp. of stick, butter bottom and sides of cake pan.
- Sprinkle 3 tbsp. of butter cut in small pieces and brown sugar over bottom of pan.
- Peel, core and halve pears. Place them cut side down in a single layer in cake pan.
- In large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, spices, and sugar with a wooden spoon.
- Melt the remaining butter and add to mix along with eggs. Beat well with spoon.
- Pour batter on top of pears in pan. Sprinkle nuts on top.
- Bake for 30 min. till knife comes clean. 8. Serve with whipped cream.
Credit: Camille Van Sant