Shown here baked in a Dutch oven over wood fire. Yes, you can bake a pie over fire! Check our blog for details.
- 1 pastry crust (check RECIPES under DESSERT)
- 8 peaches
- 3 tbsp. flour
- ½ to 1 cup sugar (depending on sweetness of peaches)
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup unbleached flour
- ½ cup oats or wheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 stick chilled butter, cut in pieces
- Handful chopped pecans
- Line pie plate with pastry.
- In small bowl, mix streusel ingredients except butter & nuts, cut in butter with pastry blender or by criss-crossing 2 knives back & forth repeatedly till butter is size of small peas. Stir in nuts. Set aside.
- Halve, peel, pit & slice peaches into med size bowl.
- Mix peaches with rest of filling ingredients.
- Pour peach mix onto pastry and spread out to edges keeping surface rough for streusel topping to fill in.
- Spread on streusel topping to edges.
- Bake in 375° oven for 50-60 min. Cover edges with foil if getting too brown.
- Cool for 1 hour. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
Serves: Serves 8-10
Credit: Camille Van Sant