- 8 oz. raspberries or blackberries
- splash of orange liqueur
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup half n half
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1 tbsp. berry juice
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 4 cups cubed cinnamon/raisin bread
- whipped cream topping
- Place 6 oz. of the berries in a small saucepan. Smash the rest and reserve.
- Add ½ of the sugar & splash of orange liqueur.
- Simmer on stovetop till reduced and thickened This will be the sauce.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Whisk in the other half of the sugar.
- Whisk in half n half & cream. Whisk in juice, vanilla, & nutmeg.
- Butter the bottom of a round 2 qt. oven casserole dish.
- Spread half of the bread cubes on bottom, then sprinkle with smashed berries left.
- Spread rest of bread cubes over the berries.
- Pour egg mixture over the entire dish.
- With a large spoon, smash down the bread cubes to immerse in the egg mix.
- Turn on oven to 350 deg. Place pudding in oven while preheating & bake for 50 min.
- Remove & let cool at least 10 min.
- Scoop out to a bowl, drizzle on raspberry sauce, then add dollup of whipped cream.
Credit: Cam Van Sant