- 2 ¼ cup unbleached flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1½ sticks butter
- ¼ cup shortening
- ¼ cup ice cold water
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup pitted sweet cherries
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. flour
- Preheat oven to 375 deg. Combine flour salt & sugar in small bowl.
- Cut in butter & shortening to crumbs the size of peas. Add in water to form a dough.
- Shape dough into a flat disc, wrap in plastic wrap & chill 30 min.
- Meanwhile, mix rest of ingredients except last two in the bowl.
- Roll out dough on floured surface to form a large circle, larger than pie plate.
- Lay crust in pie plate, let hang over the edges. Put in filling. Fold edges of dough over top of filling towards the center.
- Mix together 2 tbsp. sugar & 2 tbsp. flour. Sprinkle over the top of pie & filling.
- Bake 40 min. or until brown crust.
Credit: Camille Keller