- 1 puff pastry sheet 1 tbsp flour
- 2 apples, sliced very thin
- ¼ c. brown sugar
- ¼ c. raw or white sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ c. pecans, chopped
- handful of raisins
- 1 tbsp brandy or Cognac
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp sugar
- confectioner’s sugar to dust
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Roll out pastry to blend creases, leaving rectangular shape on a pastry board or counter dusted with flour.
- Using a sharp knife, cut 1 inch strips down both sides of the pastry to the crease only.
- Dust pastry with flour.
- Mix apples, sugars, cinnamon, pecan, raisins and liquor.
- Spread mixture over center of pastr. 7. Starting from one end, overlap 1 strip from one side over the center at a slight angle and then 1 strip from the other over the center and so on like a ladder enclosing all the filling.
- Using 2 spatulas, carefully lift and transfer strudel to cookie sheet.
- Brush melted butter all over top of strudel with a pastry brush. Sprinkle extra sugar over the top of strudel.
- Bake for 20-25min. Until brown and puffed. Cool on cookie sheet before dusting with confectioner’s sugar and cutting into 1.5 inch wide servings.
Credit: Camille Van Sant