- 4 apples, peeled & cored & sliced thin
- 2 tbsp. brandy or apple cider
- 3 dashes of cinnamon
- 1 dash of allspice
- 1/2 +/-cup sugar (depending on sweetness of apple)
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup oats
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- white sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- handful of pecans
- Mix apples with brandy or cider, cinnamon, allspice, 1/2 c. sugar in bowl.
- Pour into buttered 9 x 9 inch baking dish or 4 qt. oven casserole
- Mi struesel ingredients with a pastry blender or two knifes, cutting in until the butter is the size of peas.
- Spread over apples to edges of pan.
- Sprinkle nuts over top.
- Bake at 375 deg. for 25 min or til brown and bubbly and apples are semi-soft.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
Credit: Camille Van Sant