- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. veggie oil
- 3 med. tomatoes, seeded & diced or 28 oz. canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chili sauce
- ¾ cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. each paprika & chili powder
- 1 tsp salt & 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 can apricot nectar or tropical fruit nectar
- Combine all ingredients in large saucepan with heavy bottom or a crock pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat & simmer, uncovered till thickened. Cook in crock pot overnight with lid slightly open.
- Brush on your favorite grilled meats while cooking, keeping extra aside for dipping later.
**Tip: Try our rib recipe with this sauce!
Serves: 3 cups
Credit: Cam Van Sant