Use this puree for numerous dessert recipes. Make when you can’t eat all the berries you have. Keeps for ten days in frig.
- 1 quart Strawberries, hulled
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. orange liqueur or juice
- Mix all ingredients in large saucepan.
- Simmer on lo-med heat till reduced and thick, 20-30 min.
- Stir to mash up berries a bit while cooking.
- Remove & cool and put in glass container or jar.
- Put in frig until ready to use.
**Tip: You can use this versatile sauce just like jam on toast, on pancakes, in smoothies, on sundaes.
**This does not keep more than 1-2 weeks in frig, unlike jam.
Serves: Makes 6 8 oz. Jars
Credit: Cam Van Sant