- 4 cups ripe strawberries, hulled & washed
- 4 cups sugar
- Prepare 4- 8 0z. jelly jars and lids by washing & sterilizing in simmering water for 15 minutes in a large pot with grate on bottom so jars don’t touch the bottom of pot. Keep in hot water until ready to use.
- In large saucepan, mix berries and sugar. Simmer on med until thickened, 20-30 min., stirring frequently.
- Remove jars with tongs and place on clean surface. Do not touch lip of jar with your hands.
- Ladle jam into jars to within 1/8 to ¼ inch from the top.
- Wipe rims with clean cloth. Place or lids and rings and hand tighten.
- Leave on towel to cool, when cool, press lids in center, if they stay down, then seal is good.
- Store in cool, dark pantry. If seal isn’t good, keep in frig.
- After opening jars, store jam in frig for up to 1 year.
Serves: Makes about 4 8oz. Jars or 6 6 oz. jars.
Credit: Cam Van Sant