- 1½ oz. water
- pinch of salt
- 4 egg yolks mixed with 1 tbsp. water
- 1 lb. melted butter
- In small saucepan, reduce almost completely the water & salt.
- Let pan cool completely.
- Put in yolks with water.
- Cook on very low or in double boiler, whisking constantly.
- When thickened, add melted butter in a drizzle while still whisking over the heat.
- Season with pepper and a dash of lemon juice.
- Use immediately or keep hot as it will tend to separate.
- Delicious on meats, fish, egg dishes & veggies.
**Tip: You may add a tbsp. or two of water slowly if becomes too thick.
Credit: Cam Van Sant