Make this sauce as hot or sweet as you like by the peppers you use!
This recipe is medium heat with lots of flavor.
- 10 hot peppers
- 5 small sweet peppers
- 1 tomato, seeded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp coriander seed, crushed
- 1 handful fresh lemon, lime or sweet basil
- ½ cup white wine or sherry
- 1/2 – 1 cups vinegar (How tangy do you want)
- ½ cup water
- Chop tops off of peppers and seed.
- Saute in skillet; peppers, basil, garlic, tomato, coriander & honey in the oil until peppers are tender.
- Deglaze with wine and cook 2 min. more. Add vinegar & water, cook a few min more.
- Place ½ in blender and puree. Remove and puree second half.
- Pour into sterilized bottles.
- Keep in refrigerator, will keep up to a year.
Serves: Makes 3-4 cups
Credit: Camille Van Sant